Scientific Applications Analyst
Amiya joined Research Computing as a Graduate Research Assistant in Jan 2015. After finishing his Ph.D. at the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering in Purdue, he decided to continue working at RCAC as a Scientific Applications Analyst. As part of the Research Support team Amiya helps to detect, localize, and debug failures in HPC applications. He is also responsible for administration and performance evaluation of HPC clusters in the cloud.Amiya's research focuses on the dependability issues in Mobile and Cloud Computing. More specifically, he worked on finding novel techniques for mitigating performance interference in public clouds. He also helped uncover several bugs in the Android framework. Amiya is actively seeking collaborators who is passionate about improving the reliability and security of large scale distributed systems. When Amiya is not on the lookout for (software) bugs he enjoys posing as a shutter-bug himself. Samples of his creation can be found at his flickr page.
- B.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Kharagpur, India (2005)
- M.S. in Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Kharagpur, India (2008)
- Ph.D. in Computer Engineering, Purdue University, USA (2015)
- Subrata Mitra, Suhas R. Javagal, Amiya K. Maji, Todd Gamblin, Adam Moody, Stephen Harrell, Saurabh Bagchi. "A Study of Failures in Community Clusters: The Case of Conte," in 7th IEEE International Workshop on Program Debugging (IWPD 2016), pp. 1-8, October 23-27, 2016, Ottawa, Canada.
- Amiya K. Maji, Subrata Mitra, Saurabh Bagchi. "ICE: An Integrated Configuration Engine for Interference Mitigation in Cloud Services," in 12th IEEE International Conference on Autonomic Computing (ICAC 2015), pp. 1-10, July 7-10, 2015, Grenoble, France.
- Amiya K. Maji, Subrata Mitra, Bowen Zhou, Saurabh Bagchi, Akshat Verma. "Mitigating Interference in Cloud Services by Middleware Reconfiguration," in 15th ACM/IFIP/USENIX Middleware Conference (Middleware 2014), pp. 1-12, Dec 8-12, 2014, Bordeaux, France.
- Amiya K. Maji, Fahad A. Arshad, Saurabh Bagchi, Jan S. Rellermeyer. "An Empirical Study of the Robustness of Inter-component Communication in Android," in 42nd Annual IEEE/IFIP International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks (DSN 2012), pp. 1-12, June 25-28, 2012, Boston, MA.
- Amiya K. Maji, Saurabh Bagchi. " v-CAPS: A Confidentiality and Anonymity Preserving Routing Protocol for Content-Based Publish-Subscribe Networks," in 7th International ICST Conference on Security and Privacy in Communication Networks (SecureComm 2011), pp. 1-20, Sep 7-9, 2011, London, UK.
- Amiya K. Maji, Kangli Hao, Salmin Sultana, Saurabh Bagchi. "Characterizing Failures in Mobile OSes: A Case Study with Android and Symbian," in 21st annual International Symposium on Software Reliability Engineering (ISSRE 2010), pp. 1-10, Nov 1-4, 2010, San Jose, California.