Research Solutions Engineer
Brian started here at Purdue in 2015 as a student system administrator who worked primarily on repairing server and datacenter hardware. During this time Brian also helped train and mentor new students while also helping enhance and raise awareness of the overall student program.In 2020 Brian moved into a full-time position where he worked as the lead engineer on designing and implementing Research Computing’s Geddes Composable cloud platform and a HIPAA aligned Hadoop cluster for researchers that leverages kubernetes to help facilitate reproducibility and scalability of data science workflows.
- Tutorial: Interactive Scientific Computing on the Anvil Composable Platform (Erik Gough, Eric Adams, Alan Chalker, Brian Werts, Sam Weekly and Stephen Kelley) in Practice and Experience in Advanced Research Computing Conference Series (PEARC 2021).
- Practice and Experience in Advanced Research Computing 2019, Rise of the Machines (learning), (July 28 - August 01, 2019) Chicago, IL. - Best Student Paper Award in "Facilitation of Advanced Research Computing" track.
- "PULSAR: Deploying Network Monitoring and Intrusion Detection for the Science DMZ" (Shivam Trivedi, Lauren Featherstun, Nathan DeMien, Callum Gundlach, Sagar Narayan, Jacob Sharp, Brian Werts, Lipu Wu, Carolyn Ellis, Lev Gorenstein, Erik Gough, Alex Younts, Xiao Zhu)
- Enabling Research and Education through the Geddes Composable Platform Gough, Erik, Weekly, Sam, Werts, Brian, & Smith, Preston. (2021, November 14). HPCSYSPROS21 (SC21), St. Louis, MO.
- Geddes Composable Platform Overview. RCAC Workshop Series. November 6, 2020