As science has become more data-intensive and collaborative, research data management is consuming more of researchers' most precious resource: time. In the era of "big data", decisions regarding data are more complex and fraught with larger consequences. See, for instance, the debate about reproducibility in computational science; funding agencies' mandates to make public data accumulated with taxpayers' dollars; or the challenges of staff turn-over for efficient and effective data management.
Purdue Libraries can help. Here is where the Libraries can help provide effective solutions:
- Collaborations as active participant on grant proposals
- Developing customized data management plans
- Organizing your data
- Describing your data
- Sharing your data
- Publishing your datasets
- Preserving your data
- Purdue University Research Repository, https://purr.purdue.edu
- Educating graduate students in data management best practices
- GIS assistance
- R programming for bioinformatics
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or a liaison librarian to your department.