Scratch Storage currently consists of several redundant, high-availability disk spaces and is a central component of the research system's infrastructure. All scratch tier resources are high-performance, large capacity, and subject to scheduled purging of old files.
- Scratch filesystem for Gilbreth.
- Gilbreth scratch consists of 2.3PB of redundant, high-availability disk space.
- The quota on Gilbreth scratch is 200TB and 2,000,000 files.
- Scratch filesystem for Brown.
- Brown scratch consists of 3.4PB of redundant, high-availability disk space.
- The quota on Brown scratch is 200TB and 2,000,000 files.
Files in scratch directories are not backed up or recoverable. If you accidentally delete a file, old files are purged, or the filesystem crashes, they cannot be restored. All important files should be backed up to the Fortress HPSS Archive on a regular basis.
If you need more space in your scratch directories, please contact us.