Manager of Research Support
Kevin recently assumed an interim position managing the Research Support team. He had previously been a program manager in Research Computing, and prior to that he was a senior member of the Research Support team leading software and product development projects and coordinating with faculty. Before joining Research Support in 2007, Kevin was the first hire for Purdue's team that created HUBzero going back to 2001. Prior to coming to Purdue, Kevin did software development and network administration for private sector companies in manufacturing and financial services.
- B.S., Computer Science, Purdue University (2009).
- Shared Research Group Storage Solution with Integrated Access Management (Daniel T. Dietz, Lev A. Gorenstein, Gregory S. Veldman, and Kevin D. Colby) Proceedings of the Practice and Experience in Advanced Research Computing 2017 on Sustainability, Success and Impact (July 2017) New Orleans, LA
- Self-Service Queue and User Management in Community Clusters at Purdue University (Kevin D. Colby, Daniel T. Dietz, Preston M. Smith, and Donna D. Cumberland) First International Workshop on HPC Tools for User Support (November 2014) New Orleans, LA
- Parallelization of the Nanoscale Device Simulator nanoMOS 2.0 using a 100-Node Linux Cluster (Sebastien Goasguen, Ali R. Butt, Kevin D. Colby, and Mark S. Lundstrom) IEEE Nanotechnology Conference (August 2002) Washington, DC
Other Activities and Fun Facts
- Kevin enjoys tackling many home construction projects from remodeling and woodwork to masonry and electrical.
- Kevin is also a proud supporter of local theatre, and has been involved in many shows both on- and off-stage.