Erik Gough (he/him/his)
Senior Research Scientist
- B.S., Computer and Information Technology, Purdue University (2004)
- M.S., Technology, Purdue University (2008)
Grants and Awards
- NSF CC* Data Storage: Software Defined Storage for Composable and HPC Workflows (Award #2232872) (PI, $494,600, 9/2022 – 8/2024)
- NSF CC* Compute: Private Campus Cloud for Data Analytics and Machine Learning (Award #2018926) (Co-PI, $392,205, 7/2020 – 6/2022)
- Tutorial: Interactive Scientific Computing on the Anvil Composable Platform (Erik Gough, Eric Adams, Alan Chalker, Brian Werts, Sam Weekly and Stephen Kelley) in Practice and Experience in Advanced Research Computing Conference Series (PEARC 2021).
- The "Geddes" Composable Platform - An Evolution of Community Clusters for a Composable World. Preston Smith, Erik Gough, Alexander Younts, Brian Werts, Thomas Hacker, Norbert Neumeister, and Jennifer Wisecaver. In 2020 IEEE/ACM International Workshop on Interoperability of Supercomputing and Cloud Technologies (SuperCompCloud). IEEE, 2020.
- "PULSAR: Deploying Network Monitoring and Intrusion Detection for the Science DMZ" (Shivam Trivedi, Lauren Featherstun, Nathan DeMien, Callum Gundlach, Sagar Narayan, Jacob Sharp, Brian Werts, Lipu Wu, Carolyn Ellis, Lev Gorenstein, Erik Gough, Alex Younts, Xiao Zhu) Proceedings of the Practice and Experience in Advanced Research Computing 2019 on Rise of the Machines (learning), (July 28 - August 01, 2019) Chicago, IL. - Best Student Paper Award in "Facilitation of Advanced Research Computing" track.
- Mentoring Undergraduates into Cyber-Facilitator Roles. Harrell, S., Brazil, M., Younts, A., Dietz, D., Smith, P., Gough, E., Zhu, X., Andino, G. PEARC18: Proceedings of the Practice and Experience in Advanced Research Computing 2018 on Sustainability, Success and Impact, Pittsburgh, PA. July 22nd-26th, 2018. (doi: 10.1145/3219104.3219138)
- Riley, C. P., Gough, E. S., He, J., Jandhyala, S. S., Kennedy, B., Orcun, S., ... & Zhang, X. (2010). The proteome discovery pipeline–A data analysis pipeline for mass spectrometry-based differential proteomics discovery. The Open Proteomics Journal, 3(1).
- Enabling Research and Education through the Geddes Composable Platform Gough, Erik, Weekly, Sam, Werts, Brian, & Smith, Preston. (2021, November 14). HPCSYSPROS21 (SC21), St. Louis, MO.
- Geddes Composable Platform Overview. RCAC Workshop Series. November 6, 2020