Director, Center Operations and Visualization
Laura joined Research Computing as a Program Manager in 2014 and is now the Director of Center Operations and Visualization. Prior to this time, Laura spent 14 years in various positions in the Business Management organization at Purdue. Laura works closely with staff, executive leadership, faculty and students to provide cyberinfrastructure services to support Purdue initiatives. Laura is actively involved with leadership to build a student workforce development program that provides students real work life experiences and career opportunities.
- B.S., Organizational Leadership, Statewide Technology, Purdue University (2016)
- Conference Chair, Campus Alliance for Advanced Visualization Conference, (CAAVCon21)
- Logistics Co-Chair, Practice & Experience in Advanced Research Computing Conference (PEARC21)
- Student Program Co-Chair, Practice & Experience in Advanced Research Computing Conference (PEARC20)
- “Research Computing Student Program – Growing the Workforce through Providing Students Professional Development Opportunities”, (Elizabett Hillery, Laura Theademan) Purdue Global Village 2020 online conference, November, 2020
- “Purdue Envision Center: Our Journey to Become a Self-sustaining Organization”, in 5th Annual Online CAAVCon 2020, Campus Alliance For Advanced Visualization Conference, October 2020
- “Advancing Women in IT Through Inclusion” (Donna Cumberland, Dr. Carol Song, Elizabett Hillery, Laura Theademan, Carolyn Ellis, Marisa Brazil) 2018 Women Advance I.T., October 2018
Other Activities and Fun Facts
When Laura isn’t spending time with her grandkids, she enjoys traveling with her husband and reading a good book!