Senior Storage Administrator
Prior to joining Research Computing in 2006, Ramon supported Instrument Calibration and reduction software for the Hubble Space Telescope (1986-1999). He provided support for the Mass Storage archive at the National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA) (1999-2003) as well programming for the Virtual Observatory and LSST Projects. In Research Computing, Ramon is the principal administrator for the Fortress archive which runs High Speed Storage System (HPSS) software and helps support the various parallel filesystems (Lustre and SpectrumScale/GPFS) used within Research Computing.
- B.S., Double Degree in Physics and Astronomy, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (1983).
- M.A., Astronomy, University of Virginia (1999). Thesis: Determination of Proper Motions of Blue Halo Stars Using the Two Epochs of the Palomar Sky Survey.
- "Proper motions of the hot subdwarfs. The kinematic population membership of the sdB." (Thejll, P. ; Flynn, C. ; Williamson, R. ; Saffer, R.) in Astronomy and Astrophysics, v.317, p.689-693, 1997.
- "An ExpectTk/Perl Graphical User Interface to the Revision Control System (RCS)" in Astronomical Data Analysis Software and Systems VI, A.S.P. Conference Series, Vol. 125, 1997, Gareth Hunt and H. E. Payne, eds., p. 132.
- "Proper Motions from Schmidt Plate Scans at STScI" (MacConnell, D. J. ; Roberts, W. J. ; Williamson, R. L., II) The future utilisation of Schmidt telescopes. Astronomical Society of the Pacific Conference Series, Volume 84; Proceedings of IAU Colloquium 148 held 7-11 March 1994 in Bandung; Indonesia; San Francisco: Astronomical Society of the Pacific (ASP); |c1995; edited by Jessica Chapman, Russell Cannon, Sandra Harrison, and Bambang Hidayat, p.224
Other Activities and Fun Facts
- Award: Bravo Award for extraordinary employee achievement, Purdue University, 2018.