Senior Scientific Applications Analyst
Stefan has been with the CMS experiment at CERN since its very beginnings back in 1992. Having helped design, prototype and build the Hadron Calorimeter, Silicon Tracker, and Resistive Plate Chamber sub-detectors of the experiment, and the Monte-Carlo simulation framework of the project, he recently concentrated his efforts on the Computing Model and Infrastructure of the experiment.
After spending many years at CERN and FermiLab as a Guest Scientist, and Assistant Professor at Brown University, in 2017 Stefan joined the Research Computing team at Purdue to run one of the most successful Tier-2 centers of the CMS Collaboration worldwide.
- B.Sc & M.Sc in Nuclear and Particle Physics, Sofia University, Sofia, Bulgaria (1994)
- Ph.D in Experimental Particle Physics, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria (2011)
- "Evidence for Higgs boson decay to a pair of muons", J. High Energ. Phys. 2021, 148 (2021).
- "Connecting restricted, high-availability, or low-latency resources to a seamless Global Pool for CMS", J.Phys.Conf.Ser. 898 (2017) 5, 052037
- "Observation of a new boson at a mass of 125 GeV with the CMS experiment at the LHC", Physics Letters B, Volume 716, Issue 1, 17 September 2012, p30-61.
- "The CMS Experiment at the CERN LHC", Journal Of Instrumentation. Volume: 3, Article Number: S08004, DOI: 10.1088/1748-0221/3/08/S08004, 14 Aug 2008, 361 pp.
- "Design, performance, and calibration of CMS hadron-barrel calorimeter wedges", European Physical Journal C -- Particles & Fields. May2008, Vol.55 Issue 1, p159-171.
- "CMS Physics : Technical Design Report Volume 1: Detector Performance and Software", CERN-LHCC-2006-001; CMS-TDR-8-1, ISBN:9290832681.
- "Purdue University CMS T2 site report" HEPiX Spring 2018 at University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA, 14-18 May 2018.
- "Purdue University CMS T2 site report" HOW2019 Jefferson Lab, Newposr News, VA, 18-22 March 2019.
- "SMR disks at Purdue" HOW2019 Jefferson Lab, Newposr News, VA, 18-22 March 2019.
- "CMS computing operations during Run 1", J.Phys.Conf.Ser. 513 (2014) 032040.
- "No File Left Behind - Monitoring Transfer Latencies in PhEDEx", J.Phys.Conf.Ser. 396 (2012) 032089.
- "CMS Data Transfer Operations After the First Years of LHC Collisions", J.Phys.Conf.Ser. 396 (2012) 042033.
- "Calorimeter Simulation with Hadrons in CMS", NSS/MIC 2008 / RTSD 2008, 2801-2805.