Scientific Applications Analyst
Stefan has been with the CMS experiment at CERN since its very beginnings back in 1992. After helping design, prototype and build the Hadron Calorimeter, Silicon Tracker, and Resistive Plate Chamber detectors, and Monte-Carlo simulation framework of the experiment, he concentrated on its Computing model and infrastructure.
In 2017 Stefan joined the Research Computing team at Purdue, to run one of the most successful Tier-2 centers of the CMS Collaboration worldwide.
- "Observation of a new boson at a mass of 125 GeV with the CMS experiment at the LHC,"Physics Letters B, Volume 716, Issue 1, 17 September 2012, Pages 30-61.
- "The CMS Experiment at the CERN LHC,"Journal Of Instrumentation. Volume: 3, Article Number: S08004, DOI: 10.1088/1748-0221/3/08/S08004, 14 Aug 2008, 361 pp.
- "Design, performance, and calibration of CMS hadron-barrel calorimeter wedges.,"European Physical Journal C -- Particles & Fields. May2008, Vol.55 Issue 1, p159-171.
- "CMS Physics : Technical Design Report Volume 1: Detector Performance and Software.,"CERN-LHCC-2006-001; CMS-TDR-8-1, ISBN:9290832681.
- Stefan Piperov, Erik Gough, Majid Arabgol, Thomas Hacker, Norbert Neumeister. "Purdue University CMS T2 site report," HEPiX Spring 2018 at University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA, 14-18 May 2018.
- Stefan Piperov, Erik Gough, Majid Arabgol, Thomas Hacker, Norbert Neumeister. "Purdue University CMS T2 site report," HOW2018 Jefferson Lab, Newposr News, VA, 18-22 March 2019.
- Stefan Piperov, Erik Gough, Majid Arabgol, Thomas Hacker, Norbert Neumeister. "SMR disks at Purdue," HOW2018 Jefferson Lab, Newposr News, VA, 18-22 March 2019.