Lead Software Engineer
Christopher began his career at a biotech startup in the Purdue Research Park before returning to his alma mater as a Purdue IT employee in 2010. Within the Scientific Solutions Group of RCAC, Christopher aides both local research teams and PIs from institutions around the country in how to build scientific gateways and other methods of bridging the gaps between users, scientific models, and HPC systems. In his time with RCAC he has been involved in several high-profile programs like TeraGrid, XSEDE, NEES, and NHERI.
- B.S., Computer Science and Mathematics, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN. 2004.
- The Development of A-RESCUE: Online Task Management, Gateways 2021 Conference, October 2021.
- The NLACE GUI: Bringing Biomechanical Imaging Analysis to XSEDE Resources, ECSS Symposium, March 2015.
- Thompson, Christopher, Ukkusuri, Satish, Gehlot, Hemant, Lei, Zengxiang, Verma, Rajat, Xue, Jiawei, Qian, Xinwu, Xianyuan, Zhan, Rice, Shawn, & Song, Carol. (2021, October 14). The Development of A-RESCUE Online Task Management. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.5569430
- Gehlot, Hemant; Zhan, Xianyuan; Qian, Xinwu; Thompson, Christopher; Kulkarni, Milind; Ukkusuri, Satish. (2019). A High Fidelity, Parallel, Agent-based Evacuation Simulator; ASCE Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering; ASCE Journal, Vol 33 Issue 2, March 2019
- Ackerman, David; Chourasia, Amit; Lofquist, Alec; Ganapathysubramanian, Baskar; Thompson, Christopher; Clark, Steven. (2018). PolyRun - Polymer Microstructure Exploration HPC Gateway. 13th Gateway Computing Environments Conference (Gateways 2018), Austin, TX, September 25-27, 2018. doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.7074854.v1
- T. Hacker, S. Dyke, A. Ozdagli, G. Marshall, C. Thompson, B. Rohler, C. Yuem. (2017). A Research-oriented Automated Data Ingestion Tool for Rapid Data Processing, Visualization and Preservation. Advances in Engineering Software (December 2017), Volume 114 Issue C, Pages 134-143.
- Thompson, C., Clark, S. and Song, C.X. The XSEDE BLAST Gateway: Leveraging Campus Development for the XSEDE Gateway. Proceedings of the XSEDE16 Conference on Diversity, Big Data, and Science at Scale, Miami, FL, July 17-21, 2016. doi:10.1145/2949550.2949653
- Thompson, C., L. Zhao, S. Clark, P.E. Barbone, A. Oberai, C. Song, T. Seidl, C. Liu. Bring the NLACE Model Online Using XSEDE and HUBzero. In Proceedings of the 2015 XSEDE Conference: Scientific Advancements Enabled by Enhanced Cyberinfrastructure (no. 36). ACM..doi:10.1145/2792745.2792781
- Christopher Thompson, Robert Campbell, & Steven Clark. DiaGrid: Science Gateways as a Service. 2016 Gateways conference, San Diego, CA, November 2-3, 2016.
- Thompson, C. Using the HUBzero Platform to Enable Remote Computing on DiaGrid, The HUBzero annual conference Hubbub 2015, Indianapolis, IN, September 14 15, 2015