Data Visualization Techniques and Tools
This virtual seminar will introduce students, faculty, and staff to data visualization techniques and tools. Attendees should have some prior knowledge of programming and data analysis. The 90-minute seminar will focus on essential concepts and hands-on experience in data visualization.
- Introduction to Data Visualization (15 minutes):
- Importance and Applications
- Principles of Effective Visualization
- Tools and Technologies (20 minutes):
- Overview of Popular Visualization Tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI, Matplotlib)
- Hands-on Demonstration
- Designing Visualizations (20 minutes):
- Data Preprocessing and Cleaning
- Selecting the Right Visualization Type
- Aesthetics and Customization
- Interactive Visualizations (15 minutes):
- Creating Dynamic and Interactive Plots
- Real-world Case Study
- Q&A and Closing Remarks (20 minutes):
- Open Discussion and Questions
- Summary and Takeaways
Who Should Attend: This seminar is suitable for data scientists, analysts, researchers, students, and faculty interested in leveraging data visualization to enhance decision-making and storytelling.
Prerequisites: Attendees should have a basic understanding of data analysis and programming. Familiarity with specific visualization tools is a plus but not required.
Materials and Resources: All attendees will receive access to seminar materials, code samples, and additional resources to continue learning and exploring data visualization techniques.