Halstead Cluster Early Access Policies
Some reminders about the current operational status of Halstead:
- Halstead is currently in early access testing mode. The system is still being fully qualified by ITaP engineers and during this early access period, the cluster's nodes, network, and many system components will undergo tuning.
- ITaP recommends the Intel Compiler and Intel MPI for software development on Halstead. You can load this software with "module load intel impi"
- New from previous community clusters, Halstead's module stack is configured in a hierarchical fashion. This set up will help prevent errors and configuration problems due to version mismatches or conflicting software. You can read more about the module hierarchy here.
- While the system is in early access mode, your queue's maximum run time will be shorter than what you may be accustomed to on other, fully production ITaP systems.
- All Halstead queues are configured to allocate entire nodes to a job.
- System maintenance is scheduled to occur each Wednesday.
Please let us know at email@example.com if you experience any issues with Halstead. Your feedback during this early period will help make Halstead a more robust and reliable system.