Jupyter Kernels and HPC
An intermediate level discussion of how the Jupyter system (JupyterHub, Jupyter Notebook, etc.) function at an application level on a distributed computing cluster. The workshop explains how Jupyter Kernels function and how to extend them.
Schedule: The Events page will show the next scheduled session.
- Basic Linux/Unix command-line knowledge is required.
- Clusters 101 is recommended but not required.
- Some familiarity with Python programming is required.
- What is Jupyter?
- Where does Jupyter Look for Kernels?
- How do Kernels Work?
- Anatomy of a Jupyter Kernel
- Extending and Customizing a Kernel
- Other Topics