Python Package Installation
The Python Package Installation workshop is for students, staff, and faculty familiar with Linux, but wanting to learn how to install and run scientific Python applications on RCAC clusters.
Schedule: The Events page will show the next scheduled session.
- Basic Linux/Unix command-line knowledge is required.
- Clusters 101 is recommended but not required.
- Some familiarity with Python programming is required.
- Challenges for installing Python packages in HPC clusters
- Anaconda environments to the rescue
rcac-conda-envfor creating and using environments
- Installing Python packages with Conda and Pip
- Caveats for Python package installation