Link to section 'Sharing static content from your Data Depot space via the WWW' of 'WWW' Sharing static content from your Data Depot space via the WWW
Your research group can easily share static files (images, data, HTML) from your depot space via the WWW.
- Contact email@example.com to set up a "www" folder in your Data Depot space.
- Copy any files that you wish to share via the WWW into your Data Depot space's "www" folder.
- For example, cp /path/to/image.jpg /depot/mylab/www/, where mylab is your research group name.
- or upload to smb://datadepot.rcac.purdue.edu/depot/mylab/www, where mylab is your research group name.
- Your file is now accessible via your web browser at the URL https://www.datadepot.rcac.purdue.edu/mylab/image.jpg
Note that it is not possible to run web sites, dynamic content, interpreters (PHP, Perl, Python), or CGI scripts from this web site.