If you use Data Depot through "network drives" on Windows you may recover lost files directly from within Windows:
- Open the folder that contained the lost file.
- Right click inside the window and select "Properties".
- Click on the "Previous Versions" tab.
- A list of snapshots will be displayed.
- Select the snapshot from which you wish to restore.
- In the new window, locate the file you wish to restore.
- Simply drag the file or folder to their correct locations.
In the "Previous Versions" window the list contains two columns. The first column is the timestamp on which the snapshot was taken. The second column is the date on which the selected file or folder was last modified in that snapshot. This may give you some extra clues to which snapshot contains the version of the file you are looking for.