What are the requirements for a laptop or desktop if I am working with Restricted data?
- Encrypt hard drive using Whole Disk Encryption for all drives in the system
- Must be a Purdue managed laptop or desktop
- Must have software security updates applied every 30 days
- Install anti-virus, anti-spyware software and ensure definitions are up to date and run regular scans; utilize an endpoint protection solution.
- Require re-authentication after 15 minutes of inactivity
- Enable host based firewall
- Ensure only authorized software on systems is accessing, transmitting, storing sensitive or restricted information
- Require Authentication from remote devices
- Disable bluetooth on machines unless otherwise required.
- Avoid the use of removable media unless required, in which case removable media must be encrypted.
- Require Administrator privileges to install applications.